Church of the Week: Epic Church San Francisco

The lovely Robin and I, while visiting our California kids and grandkids this past weekend, visited Epic Church in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco.
The church meets in a unique location, in an alley (Stevenson "Street"), on the lower level.
The digs were not spacious but they make the most of the space they have. They offer coffee in their lobby, which of course I consider a mark of a successful church.
The worship team on this morning was led by my son and daughter-in-law (they were subbing for the church's usual worship leader) and so was inspirational on multiple levels. Seriously, the Spirit was there and moving in and on me, for sure.
I loved the Epic Church experience. The welcome was warm. The message, by lead pastor Ben Pilgreen (above) was excellent. The mission and vision were clear and compelling. The details (like the one-sheet program of the week and combination contact card/offering envelope) were attended to. And the worshiping saints were a diverse crowd in every respect. I left encouraged and enthused and blessed.

Epic meets at 250 Stevenson Street (off 3rd Street), San Francisco, CA 94103. The church website is http://www.epicsf.com.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment